CarrerasLeaders CALL for 16 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS (REF.: VAC_23_2023)
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is looking for 16 Postdoctoral Researchers for the CarrerasLeaders programme, co-funded by the Marie Skłodowska-Curie (MSCA) Actions of the European Commission. This is a world-wide unique postdoctoral programme that covers the entire spectrum of research and innovation in blood cancers and goes from understanding disease biology to the implementation of products and processes in the market and into the clinical practice through the development of global translational approach. The fellows will develop their proposals in supervision by one of the 39 research group leaders or Scientific Platforms managers in one of our 5 IJC locations.
Applicants will have complete freedom of research choice within the scope of blood cancers. Through training by experts, collaborative research, and a fast-horizontal transfer of knowledge, the research program of CarrerasLeaders holds the promise to advance on the many remaining unmet medical needs in haematological cancers and to participate in the delivery of new solutions Josep Carreras Institute has designed a specific tailored training program promoting a new generation of lead researchers in this field.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Competitive CV with a track record of publications. At least one peer-reviewed publication (published or in press) as first author in a journal.
- PhD degree (or deposited thesis).
- Up to 7 years of postdoctoral experience (applicants must have obtained their doctoral degree less than 7 years prior to the call deadline) .
- Meeting the MSCA mobility criteria of not having resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months during the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
- English language proficiency in speaking and writing.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Healthy, inspiring, and creative working environment.
- An innovative and interdisciplinary research and training programme.
- Network-wide training including annual retreats, courses, and seminars.
- Three-year contract with a competitive salary.
- 3-11 months international and/or intersectoral secondments (optional but highly encouraged).
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Preferential start date: early 2024.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application by 7th of May by 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
For programme related queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Make sure you complete all the steps necessary before you submit your application.
STEP 1 - Learn about CarrerasLeaders
- Navigate through the websites and understand the aims of IJC and CarrerasLeaders.
- Carefully read the following documents that can be downloaded from the CarrerasLeaders website.
- Guide for Applicants.
- Project Proposal template.
- Guide for Evaluators for more detail on how your application will be evaluated.
STEP 2 – Make sure you are eligible.
- Carefully check the Eligibility Criteria in the Guide for Applicants and make sure you comply before applying.
STEP 3 – Prepare your initial idea for a postdoctoral project and find an appropriate supervisor.
- Prepare a short summary of your proposal including any potential secondment that might be relevant to your project.
- Contact the Principal Investigator of the IJC research group/s or head of the scientific platform/s of your preference.
- Explain and discuss your idea. Your chosen supervisor will have to confirm the feasibility of the project by signing the Supervisor Support letter. (template provided in the CarrerasLeaders website).
STEP 4 – Develop your project proposal and prepare your CV.
- Develop your Project Proposal (complete the template provided in the CarrerasLeaders website).
Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV). Make sure to include the following:
- Postdoctoral experience.
- Research experience in the field of the proposed research project.
- Scientific publications.
- Awards, grants, and other honours received.
- Contact details of 2 references.
STEP 5 - Submit your application.
- Get familiar with this Application Portal.
- Decide which are the scientific domains of your proposal (choose two domains from Annex III – List of Scientific Domains in the Guide for Applicants).
Submit your application by clicking “Apply for this job”. You will need to complete the online form and upload the following supporting documentation:
- Project Proposal.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- PhD degree.
- Supervisor Support Letter.
- Any additional documentation, such as supporting documentation to justify the request to extend the 7-year eligibility rule.
WHO ARE WE?
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona dedicated to advancing the understanding of leukemia and related disorders, in collaboration with the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in 5 locations: i) Hospital Clínic, ii) Hospital de Sant Pau and iii) Hospital Germans Trias Pujol iv) Hospital del Mar and v) Hospital Josep Trueta Girona. IJC serves as a collaborative center for basic researchers and physicians to work together on fundamental clinical and biological aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment based on a multidisciplinary fusion of state-of-the-art ideas and facilities.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute’ s mission is to carry out research into the epidemiological, preventive, clinical, translational, and basic aspects of cancer, with a special emphasis on Leukaemia and other malignant blood diseases, with the aim of finding a cure for these diseases through innovation.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute’ s vision is to be a world- renowned, multi-location research center of excellence that contributes towards improved outcomes and a cure for patients suffering from cancer, especially Leukaemia and other malignant blood diseases, through innovation, sustainability, social responsibility, talent, and professional expertise, and always caring for the environment.
For further information, please, visit our webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en and the Josep Carreras nonprofit organization: https://www.fcarreras.org/en
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal (HRS4R) in July 2019. The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centres of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favours the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
 Exceptions to the 7-year eligibility rule will be made for documented periods of career breaks. Find all details in the Guide for Applicants.
IJC - Can Ruti
CarrerasLeaders CALL for 16 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS (REF.: VAC_23_2023)
Loading application form
Already working at IJC?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.