The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona dedicated to advancing the understanding of leukemia and related disorders, in collaboration with the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in 5 clinical campuses: i) Hospital Clínic, ii) Hospital de Sant Pau and iii) Hospital Germans Trias Pujol iv) Hospital del Mar and v) Hospital Josep Trueta Girona. IJC serves as a collaborative center for basic researchers and physicians to work together on fundamental clinical and biological aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment based on a multidisciplinary fusion of state-of-the-art ideas and facilities.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is looking for an International Project Manager to join the International Tandem of the Grants Office to manage a portfolio of projects granted to the Institute. The International Tandem is responsible of the pre and post award phases of the competitive international grants and fellowships.
What we need
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic/Finance or Life Sciences would be an asset (other areas also accepted if proven working experience in project management).
- Min 1-year experience in managing and/or auditing competitive research projects. Desired experience in biomedical projects.
- Knowledge of the financial rules of European funding programs will be an asset (mainly Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe). Other EU funding programs will be a plus.
- Basic level of Catalan and Spanish.
- Proficiency level in English; fluency in other languages will be a plus.
- Good knowledge of Office 365; advanced Excel skills will be an asset.
- Desirable competences: good communication and listening skills, good team player, problem-solver and customer-oriented, high-performance capacity and high level of interest, ability to work under deadlines and handle varying workloads with high responsibility and independency, positive attitude and able to work with different internal and external collaborators with different professional profiles.
Post-award management of the international ongoing research projects of the Institute.
- Monitoring of the project budget during its execution.
- Preparation of financial reports and audits.
- Budget development in competitive projects proposals.
- Change management.
- Establish fluid communication with the different funding institutions, other research institutions, as well as with Josep Carreras’s Group Leaders and research support departments (mainly HR, Finance and Purchasing Departments).
Participation in the pre-award phase of international research projects proposals of the Institute and in another transversal tasks of the Grants Office when required.
What we offer
- Initial contract for two years with possibility to be extended.
- Starting date: January 2023
- Salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Exciting and innovative projects to manage.
- Work in a growing research center.
- Incorporation in a highly collaborative team.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays,10 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Flexible remuneration program (kindergarten).
- Further training opportunities, such as in financial project management, if required.
- Spanish/Catalan/English language courses, if required.
This contract will be supported by the project: “Unlock Josep Carreras Institute’s POtential to INternationally Grow”, “Impulsar el potencial del Instituto Josep Carreras para crecer internacionalmente”, with reference GPE2022-001061, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by Dec 14, 2022.
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies. The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable. For further information, please, visit our webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en
and the Josep Carreras non-profit organization: https://www.fcarreras.org/en
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles. The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies. This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists. IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.